When it comes to safeguarding the router and your internet service, you need to make sure that you follow the process of Change D-Link Router Password. D-Link routers are amongst the best routers out there as they are going to provide a reliable and fast internet speed connection.
This router is equipped with faster tech that makes it easy for having access to the faster speed. When you install the router, you will be provided with a username and a password. It is also recommended that you change the default credentials.
This way you will be able to change the username and the password. In order to do that, there are some simple steps that you need to follow.
Before you start to change the password, you need to make a note of your IP address. What you need to make sure is that you are assigning a strong password with alphanumeric characters. This way you will be able to avoid any kind of network insecurity.
Then you need to launch the D-Link setup page in order to set up the new page. You can even try to log in to the D-Link account in order to change the password.
Forgot My Password?
There are at times when you need to Setup D-Link Router as you might not be able to remember the password. Then you will not be able to access the router’s page for any kind of setting.
What you need to do in such a scenario is to factory reset the device and thus you can easily set the new password. You can easily find the tiny reset button that is on the back of the router. You need to press and hold the button for a few seconds.
The lights on the router are going to blink and will confirm the factory reset. Now you will be able to use the default username and password to login into the configuration page.
Let us Now Look at how to Change D-Link Router Password?
Follow the process of the below-mentioned steps in order to change the password in the D-Link router.
- You need to explore the internet browser on the device that is currently connected to the network.
- Then you need to enter the default address of the D-Link address bar of the browser in order to open the admin page.
- After that, you need to type the username and the password in the corresponding text fields.
- Then you need to select the wireless tab that is present at the top of the page.
- Then you need to go to wireless security mode.
- After that enable the WPA2 option in the wireless security mode. You can do that for the secured network.
- Click the passphrase field and then start typing your new password.
- Then re-enter the password in order to confirm the passphrase field and tap the save settings button.
How to Change the Wi-Fi Password in other Models of D-Link?
In order to change the password, you need to proceed with the steps below:
- The first thing that you need to do is to find the IP address of the router from the user manual or the network and sharing center of the PC.
- Then you enter the web interface of the D-Link router in the address bar.
- Then you will see that the admin page of your router will open.
- After that enter the default username and the password in the dialog box that opens up.
- Click on the wireless settings option that is located on the left side of the page.
- Then the manual wireless network setup option is going to appear as the large buttons on the bottom of the page.
- After that click on the button in order to change the settings.
- Then leave most of the settings unchanged if it is not required.
- Enter the new password in the network key text field.
- You need to set a strong password as it has been used in the encryption method.
- Then click on the Save button in order to apply the changes.
These are some of the steps through which you will be able to follow the process of Change D-Link Router Password.
There might be some users who are going to find it difficult to change the password or while changing it, they may face any Router Error Code. If that happens, then you can get in touch with our experts. They will provide you with the prominent solution.