When you are installing the Belkin Wi-Fi extender, it is going to be very easy as there will be a lot of information mentioned below. There are many users who are just reading the manual without understanding the complete network structure.
They might end up with a failed process of setup and installation. You must know that the Belkin wi-fi extender setup is a very easy process. It is easily compatible with any wireless router.
You just need to be sure to update the firmware of the existing router before you are proceeding with the setup.
Let’s first know what is the Belkin Wi-Fi extender:
In simple words, the extender is a device that is going to help you boost the signal range and capacity of any router signal.
The Belkin range extender comes in various models and series as their models have different specifications but rest assured the setting up of the Belkin Wi-Fi extender is very easy.
What are some of the requirements?
- Network name and password
- Extra ethernet cable
- Router with an internet connection
- Power outlet within 30 meters of the outlet.
- Smartphone or laptop with appropriate browsers
- Default login and IP address for the Belkin range extender.
What are the Steps of Belkin Wi-Fi extender Setup?
You can use the same process mentioned below with the iPhone or any other smartphone. One of the easiest ways to install the Belkin Extender from the laptop is from below:
- The first thing that you need to do is to unbox and then plug in the Belkin range extender to the power outlet that is in the range of the main router.
- After that turn the power on for the Belkin Range extender and. Then wait for a minute in order to load it properly.
- After that go to the laptop or your PC, and refresh all the available networks list on the laptop.
Or what you can do is simply restart the device.
- Try and find the unsecured network name that is similar to the Belkin setup. You need to make sure to check the configuration card that came with the extender.
- Then you need to connect with the new network and once you see it is connected, it automatically opens the default browser. This will take you to the Belkin extender console.
- Once you are logged in to the Belkin range extender, you need to proceed with the given instructions.
- The first thing that you need to is to get start and let the extender search the list of the available wireless networks with their range.
- Now you need to find and select the router’s wireless name and in the next step, it is going to ask for the password for you to join the Belkin extender.
- Then make sure that you carefully type in the password of the existing router and then let it connect with the main router.
- Then on the next screen, if you are using a dual-band router. It is going to show you the options for you to select which network you would like to extend.
- If you are using the single band router on the devices such as the computer and the smartphone. It is recommended to extend to the 2.4 GHz but if you are using the dual-band router. Then it is recommended to extend both the bands for better performance.
- You can get in touch with our experts if you read any advice.
In such a case, what you can do is get in touch with our experts and they can help you with the setup process.
Get in touch with us today!