Do you want to factory reset Netgear router?
You can do this by two methods soft reset & hard reset. Haven’t heard about that? No problem. This article will explain in detail about both the hard reset and soft reset process.
How To Soft Factory Reset Netgear Router?
How to reset Netgear router with soft method? Reboot your router for fixing any Netgear setup errors or other issues, rebooting router is the first action. To reboot your router, you do not need to learn any rocket science. You can choose as per your linking.
Method 1 : Rebooting Router Manually
Turning off and On your router after a few seconds will reboot your router.
It will give a fresh start to your router, and it will get back to its working state.
Method 2 : Rebooting Router through the Router’s Interface
If you do not want to power-recycle your router, you can use the router console to reboot it.
Here is how you can factory reset Netgear router with soft reset:
- Open a web browser and go to the router login page.
- You may use http://www.routerlogin.com or http://www.routerlogin.net or the default IP address.
- A new router console login window will open up.
- Enter the default login value if you haven’t changed these yet.
- Check your router bottom for sticker having these login values printed on it.
- You will be taken to the NETGEAR genie home.
- Click on the tab with the name “Advanced.”
- Locate and click the “Router Information” option.
- Select “Reboot” option.
How to Hard Factory Reset Netgear Router?
Method 1: Hard Factory Reset Netgear Router through the Router’s Console.
- Launch the browser on to your system.
- Reach to Netgear Router Setup Console Use –www.routerlogin.net, 192.168.0.1, www.routerlogin.com Or 192.168.1.
- Login with the correct username and password values. Type correctly as the password is case sensitive.
- Click on the “Backup Settings” and choose the “Revert to Factory Default settings” option.
- A new message will pop-up asking for your final confirmation. Tap on the Click on the “Erase” button to give your consent.
- Your Netgear router will roll back to its factory default settings.
Method 2: Manually Hard Reset Netgear Router
Yes, it is easy to do a factory reset on the router by using the buttons on the Netgear wireless router. The process is quite simple, follow the below-given steps.
- Locate and press the “Reset” button at the back of your router.
- Some Netgear router modal may have this button located on side panel of the bottom.
- This button is very small & inside the hole.
- Grab some pointed object like a paper clip or pen to push this tiny button.
- Press reset button for 15-20 seconds.
- Release the button, and your router will restart.
This will get your router to start with Factory Reset Netgear Router settings now. You need to get it back connected to your wi-fi network.