Did your attempt to Netgear router login failed? Or you are getting some other router login error? For all such Netgear router login problems; changing router login details could be the best fit solution.
People mostly mess with changed or forgotten password value in comparison to username value. Google reported millions of queries per day stating people explore for Netgear password reset.
This article got you covered for all router login errors. You will learn in detail “How to reset Netgear router password?”
Moreover, changing your router password allows you to keep your personal information secured tight. If you feel yourself as a computer neophyte; don’t worry. You can still learn how to change the router password in no time.
Another concern that you need to know about is “Enabling Password Reset Feature” in your router settings. Yes, this is something vital to activate so that you can reset your router password whenever you want. So let’s begin with learning how to enable this feature.
How To Enable Password Reset Feature In Your Router Settings?
NETGEAR suggests all users to enable password reset option if you wish to change the password or user name of your router. It helps you to reset forgotten passwords quickly.
NOTE: The explained password reset process is supported in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome browsers only. It is not workable in the Safari browser.
- Open the browser on your computer or smart device and go to http://www.routerlogin.net or
- Make sure this device is connected to your router’s network.
- The main router login window will open.
- Enter your router’s username and password values.
- The default values for:
- Username: admin
- Password: password.
IMPORTANT: The user name and password values are case-sensitive.
- Once logged in; you will see the “BASIC Home screen.”
- Go to ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password.
- A new window will show up with the name “Set Password.”
- Click to check the checkbox in front of the “Enable Password Reset” option. Next, you need to add two security questions along with their answers.
IMPORTANT: Keep these questions and answers written somewhere or saved. Whenever in future you will try to reset the router password; you need to answer these questions.
- Click the “Apply” button.
All done!! Now need not to worry, even if you forget your router password. You can reset it anytime.
Netgear router login not working? Our certified experts will provide you instant help!!
How To Reset Your Router Password?
Now let us discuss our prime concern, i.e., to reset Netgear router password. Considering you have already enabled the “password recovery feature”; this process will work. Following, check out the series of the steps you need to do.
- Launch a web browser in your system and go to the router login page: www.routerlogin.net.
A home router login window will open.
- Instead of typing your log in values; Click on the “Cancel” button.
- Next, you need to enter the serial number of your router.
- Get your router serial number from the product label and enter the same in the shown window.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- A new screen will show up displaying your security questions; you need to provide the correct answers.
- After providing answers; click on the “Continue” button.
- Next, you will get to see a new screen displaying the option to reset your router password.
- Enter your new chosen password and retype to confirm.
- You can reset your security question here only, i.e., if you wish to set some other security questions.
- Else let them as it is and click on the “Next” button.
- You will be back on the router login home page.
- Click the “Login” button to log in to your router with the newly set password.
That’s all; you have successfully reset your Netgear router password. Following these steps in order will most probably complete the job quickly. For any further help, you can talk to our experts.
You should change your router password from default to something really secure. Access to your router and reset the password value following the steps mentioned above.
Keeping default values for your router login can make it more vulnerable. Anyone can easily walk into your router and mess up the settings. He may disable your wireless security or steal your data for fun, but this could result in significant loss somehow.
Routers are a tricky device with a bunch of technical settings that you can customize as per your needs. For some working with router settings is not an easy call.
Our expert are available 24×7 to help all such users. Visit our website Router Error Code.
You may contact us whenever you need any help with Netgear router setup and installation or troubleshooting router login errors.