Getting Linksys Router Error 2318 reflects there are some internet connectivity issues within the router. It is one of the common errors with Linksys routers.
Despite having the most advanced technology; Linksys routers are prone to timely troubles. In this article I can learn about the causes and possible fixes for Linksys router error 2318.
Let’s start sailing!!
Understanding the Causes for Linksys Router Error 2318
It’s vital to understand the problem and its causes first before we jump to learn about it. Here is the list of prime reasons that could get you Linksys Error Code 2318.
- The poor internet connectivity.
- Router’s internal configuration confliction.
- There exist some router login issues.
- Conflicting firewall/antivirus settings.
- Browser configuration Issues.
In the following section, we will be explaining how to fix these possible troubles. So that you could make this 2318 error go away.
Solutions: Troubleshooting Linksys Router Error 2318
Solution1: Workout With Linksys Smart Wi-fi Account
To fix this error; at first hand, you should try to login to the Linksys Wi-fi Smart Account. Do the following:
- Open your browser.
- Go to the official Linksys website or type the default IP address.
- You will get the Linksys router login page.
- Click on the Login button (at the bottom of the page)
- Enter the password of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account.
- Next, you need to create a new Linksys Wi-Fi account
- Provide all necessary information to get a new account.
- The process is as simple as creating an account with any other email portal.
- Give your consent to the ‘End-user License agreement’ by ticking the box.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Create a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account” Option.
Refresh/restart your router. Most probably you won’t see the error code 2318 again. If you are still seeing the error, move on to try the next mentioned solution.
Solution2: Setup Linksys Router Again
Might be the possibility that you didn’t setup your Linksys router correctly. To mend the faults left at initial setup process; you should take up the Linksys router setup job from scratch.
Following check out what you should do.
- Locate the Reset button at the back of your Linksys router.
- Press and hold the button for at least 10 seconds.
- The power light will start blinking, indicating the router is going in setup mode.
- A stable power LED will indicate the router is ready to work again; so wait until you get steady LED light.
- Now try to reconnect your system/device to your wi-fi network.
- Get your router username and password at the back of your router (if you do not know).
Now check if you can get internet access on your device. If you can successfully browse, that means the Linksys router error 2318 has been fixed successfully. Else move to try the next trick.
Solution3: Disable Antivirus/Firewall Temporarily
All 3rd party antivirus programs and firewalls have super-active security settings. We usually install such security software on our system to provide an extra shield from possible malware attack.
But, if their configuration conflicts with router settings that might cause the Linksys error 2318. Hence, you either have to adjust the antivirus software configuration or disable them for once to check if this could fix your issue.
Do the following to correct/modify firewall settings.
- Disable or turn off the installed antivirus software.
- Also, check and disable any firewall or security options activated in your browser settings.
- Next, turn off all the connected devices in the network except your wired LAN System.
- For any installed & activated third-party downloading software; disable it for once.
Now, check your system, if the Linksys error code 2318 vanished or not?
Solution4: Manually Workout The Web Browser Configurations
It might be your web browser; who is the culprit for getting you to see the error code 2318. So give it a try to manually check and configure the web browser settings once. Do the following :
- Start with switching your browser. That means if you are using Firefox as your default browser try using chrome or IE instead.
- People using Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10 or 11; need to work out with the compatibility mode. Now try again to browse the internet.
- Disable any activated security Add-ons including No Script, pop-up blocker & Ad-Block; in your browser.
- You can also change the settings and set permission as “allow” for all web pages.
- Clear all the caches, temporary files, history, and cookies of your web browser.
- At last, ensure you are trying to log into the router with the correct username and password values.
Doing all this will make the Linksys router error 2318 go away. Once you get back internet access on your system; you can activate your antivirus and firewall applications again.
How to Fix Linksys Router Error 321
These are all tested & tied fixes for Linksys error 2318. One of these could help you get to end with this router error, and you can get internet access on your devices.
In case, you still suffer any sorts of the problem; then you should connect with experts.
Visit Our Website Router Error Code