When you are facing any issues with the D-Link router or range extender, then it is very important that you reset the device. Reset really means that you have to factory reset D-Link range extender and not restart. There is a difference.
There are various scenarios where the resetting of the router is required. Well, can you remember the credentials of the router? If you are unable to do that, then you can easily reset the extender in order to get a new set of credentials.
The process of how to reset the D-Link router is very simple. If you see that the extender is containing the reset button, then you need to press it in order to initiate. This can be done anytime.
You will be able to perform these steps above by turning on the device. If you see that the router is in the off state, then make sure that it is in the active mode.
Understanding the Factory Reset D-Link Range Extender:
When you are using the router for the internet connection, then you may face various issues with the printer. This issue can persist because of the slow internet connection or when there is no internet connection at all.
You need to check if there is any other router in the room or not. If there is any other router, then it can lead up to many issues.
Make sure that you remove the other routers apart from the ones that you are currently using. There is one big difference between rebooting and resetting the router. With the help of the restart, you will be able to perform the power cycle on the extender.
But the process of resetting involves the process of changing the current settings to the default. This process is carry out in order to fix the router issues.
Let us now see what is the process to perform a hard reset of the Extender to the default settings:
- If you are not able to remember the router’s credentials such as the username and the password, then you can factory reset D-Link range extender.
- You cannot update the security settings if the credentials are not known. When you reset the router it will delete all the current network settings.
- Try to check if the printer is in an active state or not.
- Make sure that the power light on the router is stable or not.
- After that use the paperclip in order to long-press the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Then after a few minutes, you need to release the reset button on your router’s back.
- Then you will notice that the outer is going to reboot itself
- After that carry on the setup process after the 15 seconds as well.
- Now you will see that the router is set to the default settings for the network configuration.
How To Reset D-Link Router Password
What are Different Kinds of Reset?
When you are facing any internet connection issues, then you need to reset the connection. The extender is the device that you are going to hop you connect to the internet when you are sitting far away from the router.
The modem is the device that will provide you with the internet connection between the two devices. Read the steps below in order to start the process of how to reset the D-Link extender.
- The first thing that you need to do is to remove the power cable that is connect to the router and the modem.
- Then after some time, you need to connect both the devices again.
- There are certain routers that have the connect and the disconnect button.
- Press that button in order to reset the connection of the extender.
If you are not able to remember the password and the username of the network. It is significant to reset the router. In such cases, the hard reset is going to help you to restore all the settings on the printer.
- The first thing is that you need to check if your router is in the active state or not.
- You can also use a paperclip and press the reset button that is at the back of the router for up to 30 seconds.
- After releasing it, you need to wait for a second for the router to reset and then power it again.
These are the steps through which you will successfully factory reset D-Link range extender successfully. There are going to be some uses who might feel that it is difficult or won’t be able to reset the device.
There might also be an issue where you will be facing some router error code, that will hinder the process more. If that is the case, then you can get in touch without experts. They will provide you with the best solutions!