Let us talk about the fact that what exactly is the D-Link range nighthawk app extender as the name suggests a range extender works on extending the range of the Wi-Fi. It is going to make access to the Wi-Fi a lot easier where it was not available earlier. In this post today, we are going to learn all the troubleshooting tricks and the steps to reset D-Link range extender. These extenders are popular as of their reliability and the price.
Few of the models are such as N300, DAP-1320, DAP-1320, etc.
Let us now see another question before you continue to fix the D’Link extender. Have you been facing issues connecting with the internet when you are using the D-Link extender? Your D-Link extender might be blinking orange and not connecting to the Wireless router? Do you have a setup, security, or coverage issue with the D-Link extender?
If you figure out that any of the answers is yes, then you need to download the nighthawk app for the computer and you will be in the right place.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Reset D-Link Range Extender:
- Well, unplug the range extender from the power outlet and then wait for like 2 minutes and then turn it on.
- Restart the modem and the router and then try connecting the extender again. Check your modem for the internet as well.
Let us now see how to Troubleshoot and Reset D-Link Range Extender:
- The D-Link products are the most widely used products and you can easily find them in places that are from the networking centers to the houses that have installed normal routers.
- If you are lucky enough to build a house of close to 2000 square feet.
- Then you might have faced the issue where you might be suffering due to the lack of Wi-Fi signal strength in any corner of your house.
- This is why you might end up buying the Wi-Fi range extender.
- The D-Link extender is one of the best extenders out there.
- If you happen to be using the D-Link extender and you see that some error might occur on the device.
- Then we might have to reset and troubleshoot the D-Link range extender in order for it to work properly.
How to Reset D-Link Range Extender:
- In order to reset the D-Link extender, we have to plug in the extender in the power outlet.
- When you see that the device is fully powered on, see whether the LED is colored green or red, depending on the model that you might have been using.
- Then on the bottom side of the D-Link range extender, there will be a pinhole button that is a reset button.
- You will need a paperclip in order to press it.
- After that, we need to hold it for 10 seconds until the LED’s light is going to starts to blink and it is going to turn to another color such as orange, blue, or green.
- Then you will see that the D-Link extender is going to reboot.
- Then will reset to the factory settings and will be ready to setup again.
Well, setting up the D-Link extender is going to be the same as you are setting up any other D-Link router. There are many times that when you reset D-Link range extender. It can feel like a bot of the headache and hence we try to resolve the issues that might occur on the device.
How to Login to D-Link Range Extender:
If you are facing any issues with the extender. Then you must look for the IP address of the D-Link extender. This is a utility that is built on the ROM of the device that will allow you to configure your device. You need to check if you are on the same sub net mask on which your device is currently.
Also, check whether you are using the java-enabled browser.
As D-Link recommends chrome 2.0 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or higher versions. We must also look for the connection between the router and the PC whether that is working fine or not. We can do that by having a look at the LED’s of the D-Link range extender. You also need to disable the antivirus on PC as it can act as a firewall. And will disallow you to access the page.
How to Change the Settings When you Forget the Password?
If this happens with you, you are left with no option but to reset D-Link range extender. It is going to change all the settings to the factory settings.
These are some of the issues that the users can face in which they have to reset the D-Link extender.
If you are still not able to resolve the issue or reset the extender. Then get in touch with our experts and we will help you to resolve the issues. For more information visit our website Router Error Code.