The D-Link routers have an inbuilt firewall that there to protect the network. The firewall software is going to guard the device’s data against attacks. There is this SPI feature of the router that will effectively block cyber attacks. In order to Disable Firmware In D-Link Router 2730U, you need to make sure that the system and the router are very secure and can be safe without the firewall.
You will be receiving many messages while you are using the internet. If you want to get a different connection, then you need to deactivate the firewall. There are at times when you have to play certain games, the router firewall has to be disabled.
There is a step by step instructions for how you will be able to Disable Firmware In D-Link Router 2730U.
Steps to Disable Firmware In D-Link Router 2730U:
- The first thing that you need to do is to get the IP address of the D-Link router.
- Then the default IP address of the D-Link router is 192.168.1.1.
- After that type the IP address in the search bar field of the browser.
- After that, you need to click on the advanced option.
- Then select the firewall settings option that will be display on the top-left corner of the page.
- If you see that the SPI box is checked, then you need to uncheck it ASAP.
- You would also need to disable the NAT so that all the traffic can pass through the router.
- After that click the endpoint independent option for both the TCP and UDP filtering.
- Then you need to disable the anti-spoof checking feature.
- Click the save settings option and then reboot the router.
Disable the Router Firewall In Windows & the Mac PC:
The IP address of the router is usually printed on the label that is attached to the router. This is the IP address that is often required.
How to Get the IP address of the Windows
- Click on the smart menu of the windows PC. If you have the windows OS, then you need to click on the windows icon.
- Type CMD in the box.
- When you see that the command prompt option will appear, then you need to click right-click on it.
Select the run as the administrator option.
- Then on the user account control dialog box, select the continue tab.
- After that tap on the yes option when it is prompted.
- The command prompt will be displayed on the windows. After that type “ipconfig/all” on the screen and then press the Enter tab.
- The config command is going to run and the addresses of all the connected networks will be displayed on the screen.
- After that, you need to find the option of default getaway under the Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi. There will be a number that will be display on the gateway.
How to get the IP address on Mac:
- The first thing that is need to do is to click on the apple icon and then select the system preferences.
- After that, the system preferences window is going to open. Then you need to find the network icon and then select it.
- You need to click on the advanced tab on the next screen that will open.
- You will see that the IP address of the router will be display against the router option.
- Then you need to note down the IP address correctly that will be displayed on the screen.
How to Disable the Router’s Firewall?
- The first thing that you need to do is to open the browser on the computer that is connect to the D-Link router.
- After that type the D-Link router’s IP address in the search field.
- The IP address for the D-Link router is 192.168.1.1 by default.
- After that, you need to press the enter option and there will be a login screen of the router will display on the browser.
- After that, you will be provided with the default administrator username and password. Then you need to enter the administrator username and password.
- If you have not made any changes to the username and password, you need to type admin in the username field and leave the password field empty.
- When you are not able to open the configuration page, try using the admin as the password.
- Then you need to click the advanced configuration tab. This is an option that depends on the router model.
- There you would have to option of a firewall on the screen that will open. The firewall will be enable by default.
- After that deselect the option of enabling the screen that will open. You will see that the router firewall will be disable.
- If it is prompted, then you need to select the OK option. Then you will be able to change the firewall settings anytime.
This is how you will be able to Disable Firmware In D-Link Router 2730U. There are some users who might be having some issues disabling the firewall. Well, they can get in touch with our experts. They will provide them with the best tricks and solutions. For more information visit our website Router Error Code.