D-Link extender is a piece of equipment that is going to help you broadcast the signal and send it to a larger area. This is what makes access to Wi-Fi much easier for the ones who are sitting far away from the router.
D-Link is making the best kind of routers and extenders that are famous all over the world for their tech. They are also popular because of their reliability and prices. Although these are the best routers out there, these can face some issues such as the D link wifi extender not working.
There are some times when you can face issues that can not be solved without an experienced technician. So today, we are bringing you the steps that will help you with resolving the issues such as the extender not working.
The various causes for why it would lead to that. There are at times when you are out of the range and which is why you are not able to make the right connection. There are many other causes as well.
Lets us look at some of the basic troubleshooting
Steps that might help you with the Issue of the D link WiFi Extender Not Working:
- The first thing that you need to do is to unplug the range extender from the power outlet and wait for at least 2 minutes. After that, you need to turn it on.
- Make sure that you are restarting the modem and the router and then try connecting the extender again. After that, you are required to check the modem for the internet as well.
How to Reset the D Link Router Extender:
The D link products are the most widely used products around the world. And you can find them in places that are from the networking centers to the houses where you might have the routers. When you are using the internet in a house that is above 2000 square feet. There can be an issue where you might lack the wi-fi signals that you are supposed to get.
When you have a house this big, then there are at times when you might have to use the Range extender. Although there are chances when you’re using the D Link extender, you might not be able to get the proper signals.
D link is among the best routers that there is. And is among the best routers and extenders that there are. When you face any issue with the Setup D-Link Router and extender, then this might be because you need to reset and troubleshoot the D link range extender in order to make it work properly.
In order to reset the device, there are some steps that you need to follow:
- In order to reset the D link range extender. The first thing that you need to do is to plug it into the power outlet. When you see that the device is fully on. You will see a light on the extender that can be red or green depending on what the extender is going to show.
- After that on the bottom side of the D-Link range extender. There is a pinhole button that is a reset button. You would have to use a paperclip in order to press it. After that, you need to hold it for at least 10 seconds.
- You will see that the LED will either start blinking or is going to turn into another color, red or blue.
- Now, the D link range extender is going to restart and will reset to the factory default settings. This way it will be ready to set up again. When you are setting up the D link range extender. You need to know that it is in the same way as a D link router.
- Although there might be at times when resetting the extender can be a bit of a headache. But it is going to help you troubleshoot some of the common issues that you might have been facing.
Reboot the device:
There are times when the issues are nothing but just a glitch which is why you need to make sure whether you are facing it or not. Restarting the device is going to help you settle the device for the best.
When you see that the D link wifi extender not working. Then the first thing that you need to do is to switch off the router as well as the extender. When the router and the extender are off, you need to unplug their wires. Let them stay like that for at least a minute.
When the minute is over, you need to re-plug all the wires again. And see whether you are able to resolve the issue or not. Most of the time this is going to resolve the issue. If this is not resolving the issue, then you need to get in touch with our experts who might help you resolve the issue and visit Router Error Code website.