Netgear Wireless router not working have been proven a bliss when it comes to flawless Wi-Fi network connectivity.
Well, don’t feel falling in the rabbit hole, you are not alone. Many Netgear users face such situation with their wireless router.
Here we have come up with this easy troubleshooting guide on how to fix the “Netgear Wireless Router Not Working” Situation.
This article will cover all tried and tested methods that could get you out of this problem. So let’s begin to learn!!
Reason for Occurring Netgear Wireless Router Not working
First, let’s have an idea about what made your wireless router stop working. There could be various possible reasons for this such as:
The primary cause behind your Netgear router not working are listed below:
- Incorrect Netgear Router Setup
- Update problems with Netgear router
- Outdated router Driver
- Corrupted router Driver
- IP address conflictions in Netgear Router
- Password Problems with Netgear Router
- WiFi network connectivity issues
- Netgear Router login Issues
Steps To Follow For Netgear Wireless Router Not Working
Restart your Router Along with Modem and Computer
Before going to get Netgear router setup guides; you should try easy fixes at your own. A simple restart could work for you.
Moreover, you really do not need any technical background to do this.
Follow the below given steps for Netgear Wireless Router Not Working:
- Turn off your modem, and router by taking out the power cables.
- Wait for 10-20 seconds; give your devices a rest.
- I the meanwhile reboot your computer as well.
- Plug back the power cables and turn on the router and modem.
- Wait until the internet LED gets stable on your modem and router.
- If the internet lights get stable on both devices, that means you are getting internet from your IPS.
- If it is not, then you first need to check with your IPS.
Now check if you can browse the internet on your system. If yes; problem solved. Else move to next step.
Connect Modem Directly To Computer
There are chances that the actual problem lies with your Netgear wireless router only. But how to detect it? You could skip your router from the network to check if everything else works well?
If this will be the case, then you will get a clear idea about the problematic router. Further, you can try something to fix your chancy router.
Do the following:
- Take an appropriate Ethernet cable.
- Connect your modem directly to your computer using this ethernet cable.
- That means skip your router; instead of adding a wire from modem to router, add it to the computer.
- Do not forget to restart your modem and computer after setting up a direct connection.
- Once they both are ready to work; check the internet access on your computer.
- If you can browse a website that means there is no problem with the internet access/speed. And you need to reset your Netgear wireless router only. Read the following section to learn in detail about it.
In case you still couldn’t get the internet access then it’s your ISP; who can help you out. Contact your ISP immediately.
Reset Netgear Wireless Router
You can reset your Netgear Wireless Router while choosing between two methods:
- Soft Reset
- Hard Reset
First let’s pick up the Soft Reset, follow these steps in orders:
- Connect Your Computer directly to Netgear wireless router.
- Type any of these default Gateway Web Address:
- Login to Your Netgear Router Setup Console with default login values (if you haven’t changed):
- Username- admin
- Password – admin/password
- Go to “Backup Settings” and choose “Revert to Factory Defaults” settings.
- Next, click on “Erase”; this will get back your router to its original settings.
- Restart your router modem and the system again.
Setup Netgear wireless router again to check if you get the internet access now. If the soft reset didn’t work for you, you could choose to hard reset. Continue reading!!
Hard Reset Netgear Wireless Router
To hard reset, your router; you should follow the below mentioned steps in order.
- Locate the “Reset Key” at the back of your Netgear Router.
- With the help of a paperclip press this “Reset key.”
- Keep pressing the reset key for continuous 20 -30 seconds.
- You will notice that all LED’s will start blinking together.
- Release the button at this moment.
- Now restart your router and do the setup again.
Give enough time to the router to get ready for doing his work. Now again check for internet access on your system.
Call Our Helpline if Netgear Wireless Router Not Working
Following all these steps will get your Netgear wireless router back to life. In case you need further help with Netgear wireless router not working you can contact Router Error Code and get instant help for all Netgear Wireless Router Not Working issues!!