Have you been thinking of setting up the Wi-Fi extender in your home? And you do not know what is the process of Netgear wifi extender setup. Well, if that is the case, then you have landed on the right page.
Here you are going to know step-by-step instructions for the setup process of the Netgear extender.
Netgear routers and extenders are among the best pieces of Wi-Fi equipment that there are for connecting to the internet. These are used by users all over the globe. This is why today we are going to learn about the setup process of the Netgear Wi-Fi extender.
If you face any Netgear issue, then you can factory reset Netgear. This will resolve most of the Netgear issues.
When setting up the device, you need to know that the most important point is that you need to take care of the prerequisites for the hassle-free extender setup.
Here are some of the necessary requirements that you might need for the Wi-Fi Range extender setup.
- The first thing that you need to do is to place the Netgear range extender in the same room where your home router might be.
- This way, your extender is going to get enough power supply that is required.
- This has always been recommended that you need to have two more web browsers installed on your PC or laptop. There may be a situation where you fail to login into the new extender Wi-Fi setup page due to the web browser issue.
- In that case, what you can do is go to another browser.
These are some of the essentials that you need to bear in your mind in order to set up a new range extender. Now lets us move on to the instructions of the setup.
There are a few methods through which you can establish a Netgear wifi extender setup.
This is among the methods that are also known as the web browser setup. You need to follow the instructions given below in order to set up the extender:
- At first, turn on the Netgear range extender by plugging in the electrical socket.
- After that, you need to connect the extender and your Wi-Fi device as well.
- Then you need to launch the network manager and then connect it to the Netgear Extender.
- open the browser of your choice.
- Navigate to the default login web page.
- Then you need to create an account if you do not have it.
- Choose the network that you are willing to extend.
- Click on the Next button.
- At last, you have to click on the finish button.
Well, that is it. You have now successfully completed the process of the Netgear wifi extender setup. Now you are free to place your Wi-Fi extender wherever you want. After that connect the Netgear extender in order to enjoy the uninterrupted internet connection throughout the home.
You can also Netgear wifi extender setup using the WPS method:
WPS of Wi-Fi protected setup is among the easiest ways to set up the Netgear extender. All you need to do is to follow the steps below:
- The first thing that you need to do is to make sure that the extender is powered on.
- After that, you need to find the WPS button on the device and then press it for some time.
- Then you need to push the WPS button that is given on your existing router.
- After that LED light will turn to the solid green that will show that the router has configured with the extender properly.
- You need to repeat the same procedure for the dual-band range extender.
- After that, you need to connect the extender’s network and then use the same passphrase of your router.
- Then check the Wi-Fi extender by entering the username and the password.
This way you will be able to set up the extender. If you are facing any issue or any Router Error Code, then we are going to help you resolve the issue. Our experts are here who will help you resolve the issue. They are experienced and will provide you with the best solution.